Saturday, March 1, 2008

Re-enter re-enters

The Des Moines Register ran an article today about the I-80 Re-entry Job Fair for ex-offenders. It reminded me of re•enter magazine, which we did for The Annie E. Casey Foundation in 2004. So, editors Angela Paneck Dahman and Angela Daunis (and art director Karen Scherer, assistant editors Callie Dunbar and Chandni Jhunjhunwala, photo editor Erika Nortemann, editorial coordinator Betsy Rubiner and a staff of talented writers and designers), take another bow for the continued influence of your work. In my happy version of the world, somebody kept a copy of the magazine and said, "We need to follow this up with something." The job fair was that something. And nobody can talk me out of that happy version.  We were agenda setters of the best kind.

And I didn't realize re•enter magazine lives online, but here it is .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cool news! Kevin's uncle, who heads up the Missouri parole/probation division, still has a copy of Re-enter. At the time, I didn't even know what he did, but he was pretty impressed with our work. Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I like that happy version! Glad to hear there are continued efforts in this arena. I think I speak for the whole staff when I say re•enter was truly a great learning experience.